Monday, December 13, 2010

Two Week check up.

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been two weeks already...well 2 weeks tomorrow anyway. Today I go to Dothan to have Dr. Baker check my incisions and remove the stitches. I will have some pics to post when I get back. 

My stomach is healing beautifully as far as I can tell. I experience only the occasional mid discomfort. For the most part the area is still numb...and speaking of numb, my upper right leg continues to be hypersensitive. Sure hope that will go away. I still have swelling in my hips, but I know this will go down over time. I have to say, I am looking forward to getting back into my jeans again.

I was feeling really good yesterday so I decided to go to Walmart with my daughter and get some grocery shopping done. Less than half way through the shopping, I was wishing I had waited a few more days. It's strange...you THINK you are ready. You even rationalize it, BUT....oh, I was so glad to get home and sit in that recliner. I suppose there is a reason they say that recovery is approx. 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. So now will you avoid Walmart for at least another week or two? :)

    Since you are in the 1% club maybe you should go buy that lotto ticket you mentioned.

    Your sense of humor makes me laugh. Good thing I have not stitches to worry about, but then now neither do you. Yay!

    Other than than super sensitivity in your leg it sounds like you are healing well.

    Need any more pinto bean bread? :)

    ReplyDelete