Sunday, November 28, 2010

2 more days before Surgery

Well, Thanksgiving and all that goes with it, is now part of the past..PHEW! We made it.


I ate exactly as I had expected...EVERYTHING, non-stop. That's just the way it is in an Italian home. The only OTHER thing I think I did as much as eating while I was there, were the dishes..and that was just to prepare for the next meal. I was glad to do it. I have found, however, that I just can't eat like that anymore. It's sad really, because the food is so absolutely over-the-top delicious, that your mouth still wants more, while your stomach feels that it was going to explode.

I was careful, and made sure that I got my running in while I was down there. Lots of it. When I left here..my weight was 153.4 and I was quite proud of that. However, I refused to touch the scale at my mother in laws house..REFUSED!!! And the more I ate, the further away from that scale I stayed. But, this morning, I had to do it...I got on the scale..and to my surprise, I was EXACTLY the same. 153.4... I was blown away. Finally, I could exhale.

I made the choice not inform my mother in law of my surgery.. I didn't want her to worry. She has enough on her plate..(no pun intended.) Given all that she has going on health wise, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just wanted her to enjoy her Thanksgiving with her family...and she did. But saying good-bye is always so hard.


Sure enough, the butterflies are starting to set in, slowly but surely. I have made my lists and I have checked them more than twice...

The medications I was prescribed and have already picked up are:

CEFADROXIL 500mg (an antibioticused for bacterial infection)
METHACARBAMOL 750mg (robaxin)(muscle relaxant used to treat pain caused by muscle spasms)
VALIUM 10mg (anxiety/muscle spasm/insomnia)
ONDANSETRON 8mg (nausea)
HYDROCO/APAP 7.5, 650mg (narcotic used to relieve moderate/severe pain)
CELEBREX 200mg (anti-inflammatory used to treat pain)

I sure hope this will be enough!!!

I still have not been able to find a power lift recliner. Everything that I am reading says this is the best thing to sleep in for the first week to ten days following a tummy tuck.
This is concerning because, not only will my stomach have been sliced from hip to hip, but my arms will be of no use because of the breast augmentation. I am somewhat sure there will also be significant discomfort from the VASOR Lipo. I am not kidding myself, I know it will be, ummmm, unpleasant.

The doctors office has already called and confirmed my hospital arrival for Tuesday, 5:00am.
I have already called the doctors office AGAIN and shared my concern about the "perfect incision". I am going to make a template and bring it with me to the hospital. I have done my research and I have seen this doctors work and he is quite talented...BUT..I want to be sure that there is NO misunderstanding.

I chose to have this work done at Flowers Hospital in Dothan, Al. I have been there before, not for myself but for friends, and I have NEVER seen such a caring, qualified and loving staff...EVER. Ironically enough, when I was there for pre-op work last week, the nurse that took care of me was from....that's right, Connecticut. New London to be exact. Small world. Although the doctor and the hospital are in Alabama, Dothan is only 2 hours away, as the crow flies.

I expect I will post my before pictures this evening or perhaps tomorrow. I made sure the pictures were taken at just the right angle. By that, I mean the angle in which "I" think it looks the worst.
My implants, although they look ok when I am dressed, have become quite disfigured over these last 20 years. It's true, that's how long this set has been in...and this was the 2nd set. Now it's time for #3. No, I am not going any bigger or any smaller. Same size, only this time the implants will be beneath the muscle. Again, another reason I may not have such good used of my arms for awhile. A word of advice if you are thinking of having implants put in....DON'T! I am quite serious.

I just finished doing my shopping for the week. The family should be fine... they will have to be. I have been looking for and stocking up on all kinds of wonderful foods to help with the healing process. Pineapple, Mango,..there are so many super foods out there..and they are part of my everyday diet anyway, so this will be no big change. I love CHOBANI yogurt, so I loaded up on those. Sinder will be making me some organic chicken soup for later in the week, or maybe next week. I found a great recipe that included sweet potatoes and she has graciously agreed to make it for me.

I suppose it's time for me to get the laundry done from this past week. I need to know that everything IS done, that can be done.

Till later this evening or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment